The National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) is the first choice qualification for anyone aspiring to be a headteacher. The qualification not only focuses on the key skills needed for headship, but also meets the highest standards for leadership development anywhere in the world. NPQH is a high bar that will challenge and develop talented leaders from all backgrounds to deliver educational excellence in a self-improving system, and high quality outcomes for pupils and students.
Our delivery model
- 7 face-to-face sessions spread over 12 months
- 3 facilitated online short courses
- 3 assessed tasks: one in own school, one in placement school and a presentation/interview
- 2 360°Leadership Diagnostic Reports
- 1 school placement with location, phase and specialism chosen by trainee (9 days)
- & termly face-to-face and online support from a dedicated personal coach
- Facilitation and support from serving school
- Leaders in outstanding schools
- Purpose built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Delivery at local venues
- Support from a nominated in-school mentor
Cost and funding
The full cost of the qualification is £2,250. Full, half and part scholarships are available from the NCTL.
Who should apply?
Applicants should be highly motivated to become a headteacher, no more than 12-18 months from applying for headship posts and have the full support of their headteacher or line manager. Candidates must pass the gateway assessment before registering with a provider. The gateway assessment has been designed to ensure the readiness and suitability of applicants to undertake the qualification and embark upon headship. Please download the gateway assessment from https://outstandingleaders.org/qualifications/npqh.
About Outstanding Leaders Partnership
The West Hertfordshire Teaching Schools Partnership, in collaboration with Best Practice Network, formed the Outstanding Leaders Partnership. The Outstanding Leaders Partnership (OLP) is licensed by the National College for Teaching and Leadership to provide the Leadership Curriculum throughout the Eastern Region.
OLP boasts an excellent delivery team, which is comprised of existing educational leadership practitioners who have years of experience with the National College. Combined with the support of 30 Alliance schools and the management experience and expertise of Best Practice Network, the delivery team is dedicated to deliver individually designed programmes which complement and develop participants’ career ambitions.
Find out more
Candidates must pass the gateway assessment before registering with a provider. Please visit www.bestpracticenet.co.uk/npqh to find out more and apply or call 0117 920 9200. Partner allocation code is: LUTF-TSA.