Seminar via Zoom
Date: Monday 7th December 2020
Time: 4pm - 5.30pm
Even as adults we all need scripts that are shared in order to learn to respond appropriately in a variety of situations or to develop our competence in dealing with different scenarios. Children with speech and language or communication difficulties often find navigating social situations particularly difficult.
This session looks at the theory behind social stories and comic strips to help you understand how to write scripts that aid pupils’ abilities to respond to different situations. It will provide you with guidance on how to create individual personalised resources for pupils. Social stories and comic strip conversations can be used in numerous ways:
- to develop awareness and understanding
- to provide shared attention of a topic, to achieve social goals
- to pre-warn of an upcoming event
- to regulate emotions and behaviours
- to predict how to react in a given situation.