LFTSA is pleased to be working in collaboration with The Bell Foundation to deliver this workshop. The Bell Foundation specialise in creating opportunities, changing lives and overcoming exclusion through language education. They are passionate about improving outcomes for children with English as an additional language (EAL).
About the Workshop
This course is an opportunity for Teaching Assistants to learn more about their role supporting students with EAL.
Delivery and Aims
- Developing participants’ knowledge and understanding of EAL learners and bilingualism in the context of school
- Improving interactions and language use with pupils as regards (clarity, instructions, dialogue, questioning)
- Strategies that support understanding and help pupils to become independent learners
- Useful resources, including for new-to-English pupils
- Working effectively with other adults
21st November 2018, 1-3pm..
The Shire Foundation, Hillborough Junior School, Hillborough Road, Luton LU1 5EZ.
Per delegate: FREE